New Years Resolutions
Writing this on the evening of New Year's Day, I almost feel behind that I haven't already posted about my New Year's Resolutions all over every social media outlet that I have access to, nor have I posted a 2020 recap, so I'll do it here.
Obviously, the biggest thing that happened in my life this year was that I finished writing, editing, and published my debut novel Clean Slate. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what other things I might've possibly accomplished in 2020, and I'm coming up blank. That being said, one of my resolutions this year is to go back to my goal and accomplishment tracking. For the few months that I was doing that in 2020, it helped me feel less guilty for spending any downtime.
Starting today, these are the goals that I am putting into effect:
- Post a new YouTube video every Saturday (I have a few ideas that I can't wait for you to see!)
- Post on Instagram either daily or at least on the weekdays
- Read more (My goal is up on Goodreads; 20 books this year)
- Finish the first draft of my second book and get it edited
- Grow my following significantly so I can be that much closer to making a career out of being an author
I made a true attempt to keep my goals within reach for this year and I think that I'll be challenged, but not to the point of quitting two weeks in.
What are your goals for 2021? How did you go about setting goals after making it through 2020?